GDPR + EU regulation friendly
The uMarketingSuite cares about privacy and values insights. We have turned this in a standard for you and your customer. Server-side analytics in combination with a 1st party cookie was never this easy to setup. And even better; you own your data. uMarketingSuite is granted the Privacy Verified certificate.
You can be GDPR compliant out-of-the-box!
Privacy Verified Certificate
You can view our Privacy Verified Certificate which states the following:
- uMarketingSolutions uses specific retention periods and personal data is not kept longer than necessary.
- uMarketingSolutions has set up its software according to the principles of privacy by design and by default.
- uMarketingSolutions correctly informs customers, by means of a white paper, of the obligation to inform about the use of uMarketingSuite.
- uMarketingSolutions informs its customers correctly, by means of a white paper, that permission is required for placing and reading the cookie from uMarketingSuite
Will summarize the GDPR Whitepaper but you can read the full GDPR Whitepaper here for the full details.
uMarketingSuite has been designed with the principles of privacy by design and privacy by default in mind. For example, the following measures have been taken:
- The retention period for the uMarketingSuite cookie is 365 days by default. The data is anonymized after two years, and fully deleted after four years;
- The IP address is pseudonymized by default;
- The use of view and click behaviour is optional;
- Neither uMarketingSolutions nor any other third party has access to the data
(except for, for example, your own hosting provider), as the cookie is first
You have the possibility to change default settings. However, we do not recommend doing so, as they are set in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: GDPR).
When using uMarketingSuite, this means that you, as a customer, have to inform about the use of uMarketingSuite, which personal data is processed, why it is processed and how. In order to comply with this information obligation set by the GDPR, you can add the following text to your privacy (and cookie) statement:
On our website we use uMarketingSuite. This is add-on software from uMarketingSolutions, which allows us, through the use of a cookie, to analyze the website behavior of the website visitor. Based on this information, we can improve the user experience and personalize content for each specific website visitor. In order to do so, we process, amongst other things, your pseudonymized IP address, cookie ID, website and clicking behavior (optional), how you got to visit our website and your browser data. Only we have access to this personal data. The cookies will be deleted from your device after one year. The personal data collected through the use of the cookie will be retained for a maximum of two years. Hereafter, the data will be anonymized and retained for another two years. This way, we can identify trends on the website and improve the website.
Cookie consent 🍪
The cookie of uMarketingSuite can be categorized as an analytical and personalization cookie in one, as the cookie is used to analyse website visitor behaviour and to personalize the content of the website based on this behaviour. For analytical and personalization cookies consent is required, based on the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive.
As a customer and the controller of the personal data processed by the use of uMarketingSuite, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from the website visitor for the use of the uMarketingSuite cookie. Consent can be obtained by means of a cookie banner.
Following the GDPR whitepaper in combination with cookie consent, you can control the features of uMarketingSuite and give your visitors total control over which features they wish to enable, Analytics, A/B Testing or Personalization.